Kadir Has University Mechatronics Engineering Undergraduate Program focuses on applications such as sensor technologies, robotics, and automation, which are of great importance today and need a synergistic combination of machinery, electronics, and software. In the 2019-2020 academic year, 20 students with 100% scholarship were accepted.
By providing world-class quality education with a project-based education approach, the program aims to train engineers who
- Are equipped with universal values and competencies,
- Able to deal with all kinds of engineering problems with courage, bring solutions with multi-disciplinary and project-based approaches,
- Have acquired the necessary software, hardware, and design infrastructure for mechatronics engineering,
- Can take roles in research and development, design, project development, and management in robotics, automation, sensor technologies, and similar subjects.
All mechatronics engineering programs in Turkey and abroad are structured as separate courses, most of which are compulsory. Our Mechatronics Engineering Department is based on,
- Transfer of universal values and competencies to the student in the first year,
- Starting from the second year, studies for academic and professional competencies,
- A project-based education model spanning four years.
The subjects to be taught in this approach are handled through projects based on examples of mechatronics engineering applications to be determined in cooperation with the industry. Starting from the second term of the course plan, it is ensured that the student does at least two projects each term, questions the formation required to reach the goal in these projects, and acquires it with the subjects to be learned in that semester. The industrial stakeholders of the program play an active role in the definition, execution, evaluation, and grading of these projects. As a result, our program is an innovative program designed to provide mechatronics engineering education with a project-oriented education model for the students equipped with universal values and competencies.
The language of instruction in the Department of Mechatronics Engineering is English.